Yesterday evening spectacular. My boyfriend had invited a couple of male friends with whom to do things to men (a board game fantasy style) so I had the night off. Fiesta with the girls? Mojito like rain? Useless, are still strict diet. I made a hot bath, I got under the duvet, I supported the laptop on my knees and I wrote some pages of my novel.
The inspiration was that I also, for the first time, outlined a first draft of security "semi-serious", which could also survive that, with appropriate variations, the entire draft.
As soon as I started to write the story I took it as usual and for the first time in a long time I rediscovered the pleasure of writing. What is the first positive effects of diet? Mah My characters seemed alive in my mind and I saw them behaving like a movie, just trying to set up virtual paper what I saw.
treating them like real people to their stories could go on forever, even if I have in mind an ending of the novel, so I searched the internet which is acceptable to the average length of a novel of my gender. I never thought to find so much material on the subject. And so much inconsistency.
length the novel, of course measured in folders (groups of 1800 characters) varies from author to author, more or less seriously. They range from a minimum of 195 to a maximum of 278 folders.
seems odd, though, because to think of it if it was based solely on size, the world would be deprived of good reading as "The Lord of the Rings" or "It" and all other building blocks of literature that can, despite the size, to keep us glued to the pages and make us dream. What then is really a matter of quantity?
Well, I think it is legitimate to ask how many pages "printed" by the book, folders, or match the facades of Word, but to decide the length of a novel based on what can be attractive to a publisher is a bit 'sad.
Because ultimately it is this: to publish. When we bring a resume to an agency for work or to a hypothetical employer, we know that our cause will pay no more than a few seconds. I begin to believe that this happens even when you submit a manuscript to a publisher. There is the fear that the brick, as well as tissue, are discarded because they are too short or too heavy (physically speaking). The book, to please the editor, must therefore have the good looks of a contract, be aesthetically attractive when they will be laid on the shelf.
So then on the internet you will find recommendations of the type: Delos Books
stands between 350,000 and 500,000 characters as standard.
optimization of a paper to be sent to the publishers, the chances are higher that a novel is taken into account if a length between 200 and 250 folders, each of 30 lines of 60 characters for a total of 1,800 characters.Any recommendations seem to agree that " the standard format that clearly does not scare the editor, while giving the reader a content sufficient to justify the purchase, seems to be between 200 and 250 pages .
All these publishers are paranoid, mind you, because if they left to do readers the story would be very different. I'm not talking about those who read a book a year and gets scared in front of a larger Volume of appropriate, as if he could jump on him and tear him to pieces with the fury of a pitbull but the real players, those who can not live without reading not even a week because otherwise they fall asleep, those who know that libraries still exist and have not been closed in the last century, those who read a book when they leave at the end exhausted, with the back crumpled, lived, suffered, enjoyed. If let the readers decide what should be published and what does not, surely there would be many more books in circulation and a lot less paranoid .
Staff Writer
0 comments:
Post a Comment