Friday, February 11, 2011

Bmi To Look Good In A Bikini



"As you know, the office has always had a training manager. Now I have identified the person responsible for the preparation: For each question you should refer to her, who will talk with me and that will be updated everything that happens in every circumstance. "
When the CEO spoke these words during a recent meeting, taking impreparatissima, at times I choked on a candy that I held in my mouth just to hang out. A dozen eyes were turned grim last arrived, then that would be me (literally) high for all to see a step up compared to the common mass of poor losers. I might as well attack me that the CEO of a target on his back and opened the hunting season .
At that moment I heard a chilling voice asking me if I was ready to take such responsibility. "Sure, why not? It 's a challenge and I like challenges," I listened to the one of those phrases taken from the manual "Believe in yourself." It makes you think that going against traffic during highway a bicycle in a snowstorm could pose some challenge, but I'm not that stupid to be taken into account.
But I did not felt, cowardly, conflict with the AD. In a sense, however, the matter of the challenge is also true: I have always worked in teams, but I never had the responsibility of organizing the work of others. It usually happens that someone would organize the work of a group of losers, in which I was there. I feel as if I had been admitted behind the scenes and this, after all, now I like it. These early days as a leader, however, have taught me one important lesson: the head is only . This in light of some major design considerations.

First the head can not , just as it can not be a parent, friend be . A leader can be estimated, may even come to feel affection for their colleagues and defend them before the CEO even when they are dead wrong, but can not really be a friend. This is because sooner or later end up in some way betraying that friendship or to lose the leadership, credibility. How can he be a credible leader with whom we do a drink and tell you dirty jokes until later? Or a leader who keeps a blog in which all rose to 99% of the time talking about nonsense?

Second the leader is never wrong . Humans make mistakes and this time is read the sign of their inherent humanity. When the boss is an asshole wrong or incompetent that has been put there as a servant of power, just to eat bread for treason. If the head screwed it up, no one dares to cover, in a kind of silent agreement that is expressed in the motto " previously established by the power! .
Similarly the positive gestures of the head are forgotten over time of a blink of an eye, the negative ones remain etched in stone forever and ever.

The Head is ultimately and by its very nature, an asshole that needs wary. With the head can not be casual, do not go to have a drink, let alone one goes to the chief's house to eat pizza. When you're my head, everything you say could be used against you in court. Would you like in the distant future to start a family? Better not say when the head is, because you could, from day to day and in a totally unreasonable, be invited to pass orders to a worker you are watching more of you young and single, emerging as if by magic from who knows where.
At best, the head is born, and if your boss is a lucky, the office will tell him " could go worse." For this to happen, the leader must be particularly good, and I mean very good technical skills with a monster of a talent unequaled in human relationships. Besides you're never wrong, the head must, in other words, finding the time to listen to people, especially when they are whining, motivate them (even in circumstances in which they actually find positive sides to an art), check the individual workloads The answer to the most unexpected contingencies that occur on his desk when others do not know how to get out alive, trying to mediate to keep a cool head when the CEO goes around the corridor screaming hysterically that wants to cut heads.

However the go things, the head will never be enough, however . Quite what? Quite "everything". Yes, because as the head is exceptional, there will always be someone in the office, in the eyes of someone else or himself, he would have deserved more than that position of leadership.

I concluded that I should attend a course in leadership. For now the weather is good and, apart from some minor disagreement, I can maintain a balance. However, I have the impression that some bomb is about to burst when turned their backs. It is normal to live with this anxiety? What makes the difference between a leader and someone who is not to be especially strong nerves and a face of marble? Everything can be, as far as I know.

Staff Writer

0 comments:

Post a Comment